How to Get Rid of a Gum Infection
Gum infection is not a fun thing. I was brushing my teeth one morning and noticed that the sink was pink. I couldn’t believe my luck! I brushed my teeth morning and evening. I never thought I would get such a thing as gum disease. I moved my smile and didn’t want to have any of the horrible side effects like losing my teeth happen so I started treatment right away. Did you know there are many home remedies you can use?
How to get rid of gum infection the natural way
1. Put aloe vera on infected gums.
2. There are many different gargles you can use, try one of these: salt and water, cinnamon and water, lemon and salty water, and salvia and water.
3. You may need to change your toothpaste, make sure you use toothpaste that contains peppermint and saga oil.
4. Brush gently, if you are one of those people that go through a toothbrush every month you need to stop brushing so vigorously. This can irritate already infected gums. You can always get an electric toothbrush that does not make it easy for you to brush so vigorously.
5. Apples have enzymes, “the saying is an apple a day”… well it also helps keep gum infection away. Eat apples.
6. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and rub this on your gums to help with infection.
7. Try rubbing clove oil on your teeth.
8. If there is any swelling use an ice pack to reduce the swelling.
How to get rid of a gum infection other ways
1. Make sure to visit your dentist/hygienist every six months for a regular check up.
2. Smoking can bring on gum infection and worse issues with your mouth and teeth. Stopping smoking can help rid you of gum infection.
3. Grinding or clenching your teeth can help bring on gum infection. Discuss options with a medical professional to help you stop this habit.
4. Brushing and flossing daily will help reduce the chances of getting gum infection.
Whatever option you choose (natural or otherwise) it is still important to visit your dentist every six months. Most of us, including me find every excuse in the book to avoid going to the dentist but dentistry is getting more customer service oriented and the practice is even coming up with new and improved ways, less intimidating ways to treat your teeth, gums and mouth. Prevention is also important. While some people are predisposed to getting gum infection due to DNA most and even those predisposed can take preventative measures to save our gums and teeth, after all what would a smile be without teeth?