How to Get Rid of iGoogle
With technology kicking all of us in the butt, it is hard at times to keep up with the latest trends or try to avoid some of them as the case may be.
Recently, Google came up with a new feature for its website, it is actually away to give you a personalized web page, it is called iGoogle. Within iGoogle, you can actually have a few things showing on your personal web page, for example, gmail (e-mail), weather, quotes, flowers of the day and many other features, it is almost endless at the number of things that can be placed on the iGoogle page.
Mind you iGoogle can slow down your internet browser as it is uploading all of the latest information depending on what you have on your iGoogle home page. If you like some of the features you may want to think about deleting some to help your browser work more efficiently.
If you are still wondering “How to get rid of iGoogle?” Well in some aspects you can, there are many people that simply aren’t happy with this latest Google feature. So here are a few things you can do to in a sense get rid of iGoogle.
1) On your browser go to tools, select options and change your home page. This will tell your computer that you don’t want to use that particular site anymore as your home page.
2) Like some of the information or features, consider deleting some of the widgets you have. By doing so, this tells your computer to no longer search for the information, freeing up “virtual memory” for your computer.
If this does not solve the issues you are having and you still believe that the problems are iGoogle, there is one last thing you can do. However, there is really no way to get rid of iGoogle, it is simply a browser page.
1) Open your browser.
2) Sign in to iGoogle.
3) Remove gadgets.
a) Click on the drop down arrow on the gadget you wish to remove.
b) Click on delete gadget.
c) You will be asked if you wish to remove the gadget.
d) Confirm the removal of the gadget.
4) After you removed the gadgets. It is time to make one final change. Going back to the classic look of your Google page.
a) In the upper right hand corner of the iGoogle screen you will see a series of underlined words. some of the words are actually “Classic Google”
b) Click on Classic Google.
c) You will be prompted to make the change to Classic Google.
Unfortunately, I must say there is no real way of talking to an actual person via e-mail at the Google company. After many long hours of research. There is only the above solutions available at this time. Unless, you have an account with google to use other applications, they do allow you to delete your entire account if you choose to. This will get rid of all applications that google does offer to its clients. So if you ask “How to Get Rid of iGoogle?” There is only one actual solution, you must delete your google account. To do so, simply follow the steps below.
1) Sign in on the Google accounts home page.
2) Click the “edit” link next to products.
3) Simply go to delete account.
4) You will be asked to confirm the deletion of your account.
This is the only way to completely get rid of iGoogle. You can always create a new account, however, you will need to set it up with a different e-mail if you have one available.